Instructor/Coordinator (Volkswagen Academy / Grant Funded)
Chattanooga State is an educationally purposeful community where faculty, staff, and students share academic goals and strive for high standards that lead to the attainment of degrees and certificates, meaningful careers, and a committed citizenry of lifelong learners.
We value those who: · consistently act in the best interest of students and the College (who have their priorities right);
· get things accomplished (who execute);
· are transparent (who are direct, truthful, and non-manipulative);
· are positive in outlook (who see the glass as half-full); and
· build constructive workplace relationships (who are team players).
We have an opening for Instructor/Coordinator (Volkswagen Academy / Grant Funded) at our Chattanooga State campus!
The role will be responsible for the following:
- Lead day-to-day operations of instructional programs of study, personnel efforts, student needs, and logistical requirements at the VWA.
Coordinate the development and accomplishment of the departmental goals and objectives consistent with the mission of the College and the division with Volkswagen managers.
Maintain an internal communication system within the department including conducting regularly scheduled department meetings and resolving student complaints - Delivery and coordination of courses for VW apprentices such as robotic, electric, high voltage, automation and other technical apprentice classes through all semesters - Coordinate apprentices class schedule with departmental managers and supervisors - Formulate competence requirements in alignment with the long term business objectives - Periodically perform technical training gap analysis “as is” vs. “required” and leads the charge to fill the gaps - Act as interface to manufacturing and their training needs and consults them with the best training option - Create and maintains training matrixes - Deliver of training evaluation for VW apprentices - Responsible for development and implementation of detailed training plans - Evaluate training effectiveness through appropriate evaluation and post training effectiveness evaluations making modifications to the program design to increase training efficiency - Track and develop technical training KPIs - Apply Volkswagen and accreditation (ABET, SACS-COC) standards - Communicate training dates and class openings departmental managers and supervisors Position Requirements:
- Experience with PLC Siemens and Fanuc Robotics; - Knowledge of automation systems; - Excellent written and oral communication skills; - Excellent technical writing skills; - Strong organizational and interpersonal skills; - Advance knowledge with MS office products; - Ability to work and complete tasks according to schedule both in a team environment and independently; and - Strong observation, evaluation, coaching and feedback skills.
- Experience developing curriculum according to instructional design procedures - Working in a multi-cultural work setting - Business experience - Experiences with High voltage systems
Open Until Filled: Yes
Requisition Number: req1238
About this company
If you would enjoy a challenging job, friendly and helpful colleagues and an outstanding work environment, Chattanooga State Community College is a dynamic and vibrant place to work. As part of one of the nation’s largest systems of public higher education (Tennessee Board of Regents), we're glad you're considering a career with the ChattState.
The value of employment at Chattanooga State goes far beyond salary. As a potential employee, you will enjoy a full range of benefits, services and programs. Total compensation includes annual salary, a generous annual and sick leave program, 13 paid holidays, health and life insurance, retirement, 401(k) and more. Please review Chattanooga State's benefit options.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (37406)