SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR Chattanooga State is an educationally purposeful community where faculty, staff, and students share academic goals and strive for high standards that lead to the attainment of degrees and certificates, meaningful careers, and a committed citizenry of lifelong learners.
We value those who: · consistently act in the best interest of students and the College (who have their priorities right);
· get things accomplished (who execute);
· are transparent (who are direct, truthful, and non-manipulative);
· are positive in outlook (who see the glass as half-full); and
· build constructive workplace relationships (who are team players).
We have an opening for Systems Administrator 1 at our Chattanooga State campus!
The role will be responsible for the following:
• Provides to College Servers & SAN services in support of administrative, student support, and academic concerns.
• Promotes innovative, efficient, effective and shared uses of information management solutions across the college.
• Fosters a widespread awareness of good computer ethics and security within the campus community.
• Assists in the development of the college-wide master, technology plans, with particular emphasis on ensuring the integrity and strategic development of the information hardware infrastructure.
• Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, Databases, etc.
in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• This individual is accountable for systems running Linux and Windows systems in both a physical and virtual environment.
• Administers the Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise; recommends policies and procedures; implements system for college employees and students.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Documents operating procedures and processes.
• Provides support for cloud based platforms and services.
• Ensures appropriate safety training is completed, and compliance with all health and safety rules and processes.Position Requirements:
Required • Associate degree in related area.
• 3 years related work experience, including some experience directing the development, implementation, management, and support of both hardware and software for a college wide system.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or technology-related area.
• Master's degree in Information Systems or technology-related area.
• 5 or more years’ work experience to include experience in systems management of a higher education environment; long-term strategic planning; systems design; and administrative technology planning and implementation in a de-centralized and distributed computing environment
Open Until Filled: Yes
Requisition Number: req1934
About this company
If you would enjoy a challenging job, friendly and helpful colleagues and an outstanding work environment, Chattanooga State Community College is a dynamic and vibrant place to work. As part of one of the nation’s largest systems of public higher education (Tennessee Board of Regents), we're glad you're considering a career with the ChattState.
The value of employment at Chattanooga State goes far beyond salary. As a potential employee, you will enjoy a full range of benefits, services and programs. Total compensation includes annual salary, a generous annual and sick leave program, 13 paid holidays, health and life insurance, retirement, 401(k) and more. Please review Chattanooga State's benefit options.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (37406)