VICE PRESIDENT OF ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
Chattanooga State is an educationally purposeful community where faculty, staff, and students share academic goals and strive for high standards that lead to the attainment of degrees and certificates, meaningful careers, and a committed citizenry of lifelong learners.
We value those who: · consistently act in the best interest of students and the College (who have their priorities right);
· get things accomplished (who execute);
· are transparent (who are direct, truthful, and non-manipulative);
· are positive in outlook (who see the glass as half-full); and
· build constructive workplace relationships (who are team players).
We have an opening for Vice-President, Academic Affairs at our Chattanooga State campus!
The role will be responsible for the following:
The Vice President, Academic Affairs (VPAA), serves as chief academic officer, overseeing all aspects of the college’s academic operations, program services, academic accountability, assessment of student learning, advancement of student success, academic personnel decisions, budget development, and program and curriculum development.
1. Provides leadership and supervision for Academic Affairs faculty and staff in the planning and implementation of instructional programs, academic support services, and course and program review assessment.
2. Reviews student data, guides staff in the development of program strategies, analyzes strategies, allocates resources, and is accountable for achievement of College goals and objectives.
3. Works with the College President and other vice presidents to evaluate proposals, programs, and policies including evaluations and decisions, program expansion or direction and college expenditures.
4. Provides vision and leadership in planning and supports programming that meets the needs of local, regional and state business and industry.
5. Collaborates with faculty and staff when making decisions and provides an environment for faculty and staff development.
6. Works actively with other areas of the college to ensure a spirit of college wide collaboration, collegiality, civility and teamwork.
7. Establishes a working relationship with external agencies and systems, higher education institutions, K-12, business and industry and workforce development boards.
8. Works to support the teaching and learning process, creating and supporting a student centered environment.
9. Functions as part of the senior level management team that fosters pride and excellence in the institution through a supportive environment.Position Requirements:
Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution, with 5-7 years of teaching in higher education and 3-5 years of management experience in higher education.
Previous executive management experience in higher education.
Closing Date: 1/31/2019 Open Until Filled: No
Requisition Number: req1969
About this company
If you would enjoy a challenging job, friendly and helpful colleagues and an outstanding work environment, Chattanooga State Community College is a dynamic and vibrant place to work. As part of one of the nation’s largest systems of public higher education (Tennessee Board of Regents), we're glad you're considering a career with the ChattState.
The value of employment at Chattanooga State goes far beyond salary. As a potential employee, you will enjoy a full range of benefits, services and programs. Total compensation includes annual salary, a generous annual and sick leave program, 13 paid holidays, health and life insurance, retirement, 401(k) and more. Please review Chattanooga State's benefit options.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (37406)