HVAC SUPERVISOR Chattanooga State is an educationally purposeful community where faculty, staff, and students share academic goals and strive for high standards that lead to the attainment of degrees and certificates, meaningful careers, and a committed citizenry of lifelong learners.
We value those who: · consistently act in the best interest of students and the College (who have their priorities right);
· get things accomplished (who execute);
· are transparent (who are direct, truthful, and non-manipulative);
· are positive in outlook (who see the glass as half-full); and
· build constructive workplace relationships (who are team players).
We have an opening for HVAC Supervisor at our Chattanooga State campus!
The role will be responsible for the following:
Plans, organizes and schedules for direct reports.
• Calculate equipment and supply needs and costs; obtain supplies as needed for maintenance of systems.
• Check all systems for proper operation and recommends changes to systems when needed; make manual and computerized adjustments as necessary; repair / replace condensers, compressors, pumps, valves, motors, pneumatic systems, etc.
• Perform regular preventative maintenance such as cleaning or replacing air filters, washing coils with chemicals, replacing belts, lubricating bearings and fans.
• Respond to all work orders quickly and communicate any updates and / or resolutions to the customer electronically via the work order system.
• Install new systems including air conditioning / heating, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical • Maintain records for the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regarding the usage of refrigeration chemicals; renew annual certification for refrigerant use.
• Conduct performance evaluations on subordinates.
• Order supplies and parts consistent with Plant Operations and Chattanooga State purchasing guidelines.
• Originate and maintain various reports, forms, shop logs, records and files.
• Read plans, blueprints, and specifications for compliance with all electrical codes.
• Supervise employees in the HVAC and mechanical trade.
• Coordinate and inspect the work of third party vendors conducing repairs, installations or repairs in the HVAC and mechanical trade.
• Inspect systems for compliance with safety codes and standards, • Train new workers.
• Plan or design system for new construction or renovation as required.
• Promote, support, and participate in student recruitment and retention efforts.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.Position Requirements:
Education and Training: Completed apprenticeship in refrigeration with Refrigerant Use Certification and valid driver’s license -Work experience: Five years working with Mechanical and HVAC systems
Supervisory experience Experience working with Boilers and Chillers
(Salary Range: $16.78 minimum to $21.39 maximum)
Open Until Filled: Yes
Requisition Number: req1871
About this company
If you would enjoy a challenging job, friendly and helpful colleagues and an outstanding work environment, Chattanooga State Community College is a dynamic and vibrant place to work. As part of one of the nation’s largest systems of public higher education (Tennessee Board of Regents), we're glad you're considering a career with the ChattState.
The value of employment at Chattanooga State goes far beyond salary. As a potential employee, you will enjoy a full range of benefits, services and programs. Total compensation includes annual salary, a generous annual and sick leave program, 13 paid holidays, health and life insurance, retirement, 401(k) and more. Please review Chattanooga State's benefit options.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (37406)