Please submit applications and resumes directly to MSi Workforce Solutions, LLC in consideration for this opportunity. MSi Workforce Solutions, LLC is An Equal Opportunity Employer
Are you a high performing Administrative Account Specialist seeking a new opportunity? Join a winning team today!
Our client is seeking a qualified individual to fulfill the role of Administrative Account Specialist. Do you thrive in the type of environment where every day brings a new challenge? If so, our client may be just what you are looking for!
About MSi Workforce Solutions, LLC
MSi Workforce Solutions, LLC is a growing full-service Human Resources & Workforce Solutions firm based in Chattanooga TN. We partner with for-profit, non-profit, startups and government agencies to provide a full suite of solutions that provide our innovative "Workforce in Action" customized talent management strategy that generates highly motivated employees, an inclusive company culture, innovative ideas and exceptional outcomes for your customers!
MSi - Maximums
Discipline, Integrity, Teamwork, Continuous Improvement, Value Creation Blueprint
Our Core Values
A commitment to Honesty & Integrity, Mutual Respect, Diversity & Inclusion, Innovation & Excellence, Diverse & Inclusive Idea
The Administrative Account Specialist position would be responsible for the following but not limited to:
- Take ownership of an assigned portfolio of past due accounts.
- Develop and use problem-solving and multitasking skills to quickly identify and resolve account issues while meeting department goals.
- Collaborate with a team of enthusiastic professionals to minimize aging/bad debt.
- Obtain and verify documentation to process payment for accounts payable
- Verify incoming A/P batches for accuracy
- Perform required data entry functions processing A/P
- Print and distribute A/P checks on timely basis
- Ensure that policies and procedures are applied to payment processes
- Perform research and problem solving for vendor account reconciliation
- Provide reporting to upper management as required
- Safeguard physical supply of checks, restricting access
- Keep A/P records on file for easy access by accounting department
- Shred voided checks
- File forms 1099 at year end
- Set up and maintain all vendor records including scanning Forms W-9, this helps with accuracy of Form 1099
- Post charges to truck records
- Review and approve expense reports and ensure the expenses are accurately coded and have sufficient documentation
- Review and approve branch petty cash reimbursement requests and ensure the accuracy of amounts and coding of petty cash expenses
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback nondefensively.
- Customer Focus: Understanding and meeting the needs of customers and addressing the interests and concerns of all organization stakeholders.
- Ownership / Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs, and results.
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on.
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, and pitching in to get the job done.
- Quality Advocate: Championing the quality process by reinforcing the organization's vision, quality values, and quality processes and by fostering the continuous improvement of all operational and business practices.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Proficient in QuickBooks system
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge in Sage 100 is a plus
About this company
MSI Workforce Solutions is a full cycle human resources firm specializing in the areas of Talent Management, Strategic Planning, Business Solutions, On-boarding, Retention, Diversity Management and Strategic Event Management Solutions.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN