INCREASE IN WAGES!!!! Lowest starting QUALIFIED rate is $13.50 and Lowest starting NON-QUALIFIED rate is $13.00
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Processes product using tools (to include knives), manual labor, and equipment provided in accordance with USDA and Pilgrim’s Company product standards and procedures.
· Process product according to operating procedures and quality/quantity expectations.
· Observes equipment operation, notifying appropriate personnel of any malfunctions and/or safety issues/concerns.
· Clean and organized work area.
- Assist others with the skills and knowledge gained from the position.
- Observes all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies. Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, co-workers, and leadership teams.
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies.
- Follow all company animal welfare guidelines.
- Other duties as directed.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT: High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
BASIC SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to comprehend simple instructions
- Ability to apply common sense.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work in cool temperatures (around 40 degrees)
- Ability to stand and use hands for 8-11 hours per day
- Ability to multitask and work quickly
- Must be a team player and be willing to work close to other employees at some stations. (Less than 3 feet apart.)
- Must have good communication skills.
- Good hand and eye coordination required.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Food or production experience preferred.
About this company
At Pilgrim’s, our vision is to become the best managed and most respected company in our industry, and we know that having the best team is the only way to get there. We pride ourselves on our dedication to our team members and our focus on attracting the best talent and providing opportunities to grow and advance. Distributed between our corporate headquarters in the lush Northern Colorado and operations across the United States, Mexico and Puerto Rico we employ approximately 38,000 people in professional and operational positions.
Working for Pilgrims provides a unique opportunity to experience corporate, plant and live operations. If you have a passion for poultry, the agriculture industry or are just looking for something interesting and challenging, we’re confident that we have the perfect job for you!
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (37403)