Executive Assistant to the CEO
Join a team that is passionately committed to championing our member businesses and promoting regional economic growth. The Chattanooga Chamber of Commerce takes an entrepreneurial, innovative and results-oriented approach to growing jobs and supporting businesses across the region, with an exceptional track record of success and a highly engaged board of directors, CEO Roundtable and industry peer groups. Our organization is a close-knit, family-oriented culture with a high priority on communication and collaboration, fostering diversity, equity and inclusion where every team member is supported, developed and encouraged to reach their fullest potential.
The Executive Assistant to the CEO provides professional administrative and organizational support to the CEO, executive team and volunteer leadership, managing the CEO’s office operations. This critical and dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism, poise and confidentiality. The position serves as both the gatekeeper and gateway to the C-Suite and builds critical relationships with peers across all member industry sectors.
To apply for this position, submit a persuasive cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references, combined into one .PDF file, by 2 p.m., Tuesday, November 16, 2021.
Send confidential resumes to: Attention: Cheryl Millsaps, VP, Operations
- Support the CEO’s activities with scheduling appointments, preparing correspondence and screening calls and incoming emails.
- Interact with Chamber members, volunteer leadership, governmental stakeholders and other parties contacting the CEO for assistance or information.
- Prepare and maintain corporate records such as agendas, minutes, notices and corporate resolutions.
- Arrange detailed travel plans, itineraries and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Provide correspondence with Chamber staff concerning project/task deadlines, meeting schedules, special projects and operating hours, etc.
- Coordinate and organize activities of nominating committee.
- Create, update and maintain various databases and spreadsheet files.
- Organize and coordinate staff, board and committee gatherings.
- Represent the office of the CEO on internal committees of choice such as Inclusion, Culture or Celebration Squad.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to prioritize and multitask seamlessly
- Excellent customer service focus and interpersonal skills with proven ability to build relationships with key stakeholders, including board, volunteers and donors
- Expert written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong independent decision-making ability
- High level of emotional maturity and poise under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree with three years’ experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Helpful Experience:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Teams, Zoom, Adobe Acrobat, Constant Contact, social media platforms
- Comfort level adopting and promoting new softwares
For more information visit www.ChattanoogaChamber.com