Leadership Development Coordinator
The Chattanooga Chamber of Commerce is seeking an open-minded, inclusive and confident self-starter to become our new Leadership Development Coordinator.
The coordinator position works closely with the Leadership Development Director in coordinating the logistics and support of "Leadership Chattanooga," "Leadership Chattanooga Alumni Association," "Young Professionals of Chattanooga," "Protégé Chattanooga," and "ChattaNewbies." The position also works closely with the Chamber’s Marketing team to promote Chamber leadership and talent initiatives and events through social media, email, and other designated platforms.
This position requires a team player who is highly interactive with clients and stakeholders, program participants and other departments, with impeccable customer service focus and a friendly, approachable, and helpful demeanor. The position will work synergistically with other Chamber staff, volunteers, vendors, and partners to achieve remarkable work that impacts our community.
The successful candidate must have excellent attention to detail, be highly organized, disciplined in managing their time and task list, and have a sound understanding of effectively utilizing the influence of others in accomplishing their own goals. The ability to write in a creative and engaging way is highly desirable, and experience in microcontent management, event planning and execution, and light marketing and graphic design are a plus.
A sampling of the job duties includes, but is not limited to:
- Provide general support on meeting and event planning, management, and execution for full suite of five programs, including coordination with local restaurants and vendors
- Prepare and disseminate meeting agendas and promotional materials for participants in leadership development programs such as Leadership Chattanooga, YP, Protégé Chattanooga, and ChattaNewbies
- Support the sale, processing and assignment of event registration and sponsors
- Record information in Chamber databases to create participant profiles and invoices for program tuition and other charges
- Maintain essential records of activities, and an organized and accessible file system for Leadership Development team
- Assist Director and accounting staff with tracking incurred expenses against allowable budgets.
- Plan, create and distribute electronic events calendar and other mass communications to program participants
- Procure and manage photos/bios on program participants
- Coordinate with marketing team to schedule and submit spots for publication with media partners
- Provide light graphic design services in conjunction with Director and marketing team for recognition, invitations, social media content, and event promotion
- Research best practices and seek new ways to market programs, events and sponsorship opportunities through Chamber publications and social media
- Research best practices of other Chambers in leadership development, retention and engagement activities
- Other duties as assigned.
An associate degree in a relevant major is required, plus three years of applicable experience is required; bachelor’s degree is preferred, with an equivalent combination of education and experience also acceptable.
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter, combined into one PDF file no later than 4pm on June 22, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org