Marketing Communications Manager
Marketing Communications Manager
Do you believe in creating positive change through the art of storytelling in business? If you are searching for creative, strategic storytelling work in marketing communications and a job that offers flexibility and a high level of career visibility, you’ve found your new employment in Chattanooga, Tennessee at the Chattanooga Chamber of Commerce.
In this job, you will tell the story of Chattanooga, Tennessee, a city of creators located on the border of Tennessee and Georgia. We offer a high quality of life and are within easy driving range of Atlanta, Georgia; Huntsville, Alabama; and Nashville and Knoxville in Tennessee.
Creative work includes writing and producing stories and content for social media and several websites, including: ChattanoogaTREND.com, ChattanoogaChamber.com, and GreaterChatt.com. You will also work on national, regional, and local public relations, including developing ideas for long-term storytelling strategies.
The Chattanooga Chamber is a five-star accredited chamber of commerce recognized nationally as Chamber of the Year in 2017. Our mission is to champion our member businesses and promote regional economic growth. The Chattanooga Chamber takes an entrepreneurial approach to serving its members with value-based programs and initiatives and is recognized for its lead role in Chattanooga’s job creation successes. We offer flexibility to work from home several days a week, while living in the Greater Chattanooga area, a 16-county, three-state region with a population of more than 1 million.
If you are searching for one of the best jobs in Chattanooga in marketing communications, we want you to become our Marketing and Communications Manager, a key team member for our Chattanooga Chamber of Commerce. The position reports to the Creative Director, Marketing Communications team.
To apply for this position, submit a persuasive cover letter, resume and three (3) creative writing samples or a link to an online portfolio, combined into one .PDF file, by 2 p.m., Monday, August 2.
Send confidential resumes to:
Attention: Jeremy Henderson, Creative Director
- Serve as chief storyteller.
- Create a steady stream of ideas to oversee long-term storytelling strategies.
- Plan and execute digital, social, and paid media strategies to amplify earned and owned media efforts, including managing the Chattanooga Chamber’s social media calendar.
- Pitch stories to regional, local, and national media, including working with media at Chattanooga Chamber events
- Work with journalists developing stories on the Chattanooga, Tennessee area.
- Write, plan, edit, proof online and e-mail publications including ChattanoogaTREND.com, the Chattanooga Chamber’s online magazine.
- Edit and create digital and print communications, including e-mails, website content, the Chattanooga Chamber’s twice-a-month e-newsletter, BottomLines.
- Assist in preparation of speeches, talking points, articles and letters for the Chattanooga Chamber President and CEO.
- Manage any volunteers tasked with handling communications items – including a group of 12 Vice Presidents of Communication for the Chattanooga Chamber’s Councils.
- Manage Marketing Communications student internship program and supervise student interns.
- Assist in the creation of digital content, such as podcasts, videos and blogs; plan and conduct interviews, and as-needed, serve as on-camera talent.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Work on basic design projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in marketing communications or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong writing, editing, and content production skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms
- Some experience with public relations, crisis communications and strategic PR planning
Other Helpful Experience
- Constant Contact, WordPress, Google Analytics and understanding of search engine optimization (SEO)
- Adobe Creative Cloud, including PhotoShop or LightRoom, InDesign, Premiere Pro
- Podcast editing/production
- Photography and some light graphic design
For more information visit www.ChattanoogaChamber.com