Chattanooga State is an educationally purposeful community where faculty, staff, and students support and empower everyone in our community to learn without limits.
We value those who:
- cultivate an inclusive environment.
- care about the well-being of each other.
- instill trust through integrity and transparency.
- encourage fearless innovation and resilience.
- collaborate to build a better future.
We have an opening for Automotive Mechanic at our Chattanooga State campus!
The role will be responsible for the following:
• Keep vehicles running and safe.
• Perform general preventative maintenance on college motor pool, plant operations vehicles, golf carts, grounds equipment , campus police vehicles, forklifts and other small engines and motors.
• Maintain cleanliness of vehicles and prep for travel each day.
• Maintain accurate records of all work performed.
• Collect documentation from college employees requesting repairs to vehicles, perform repairs and house documentation for future reference.
• Perform daily inventory of college vehicles.
• Work with outside vendors for repairs as needed.
• Dispense fuel as needed and maintain accurate record of the gallons distributed, vehicle that received the fuel and the employee who requested the fuel.
• Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
• Refrigerant Certificate required (or the ability to obtain one).
• Possession of a valid Tennessee Operator's License as issued by the Tennessee Department of Safety is required.
• 3 years' formal work experience in automotive repair and maintenance of gasoline engines is required.
• Experience in small engine repairs is preferred.
• Experience in hydraulic systems maintenance is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
EQUIPMENT: Knowledge of the machines, tools, and equipment used in to perform repairs and preventative maintenance to gasoline engines, small engines, golf carts and grounds equipment. Knowledge of personal computers and other record-keeping methods.
• Ability to coordinate and perform a variety of tasks and assignments
• Ability to work as a team member
• Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with students, the public, and other employees
• Ability to use standard English and arithmetic processes
• Ability to gather and organize data effectively
• Ability to handle and maintain equipment and machinery as needed
Closing Date: (Must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. est.)
Open Until Filled: Yes
Requisition Number: req6099