Cook Lead Worker
Chattanooga State is an educationally purposeful community where faculty, staff, and students share academic goals and strive for high standards that lead to the attainment of degrees and certificates, meaningful careers, and a committed citizenry of lifelong learners.
We value those who:
· consistently act in the best interest of students and the College (who have their priorities right);
· get things accomplished (who execute);
· are transparent (who are direct, truthful, and non-manipulative);
· are positive in outlook (who see the glass as half-full); and
· build constructive workplace relationships (who are team players).
We have an opening for Cook Lead Worker at our Chattanooga State campus!
The role will be responsible for the following:
• Assist to oversee food handling and preparation in cafeterias and leads this by example • Cross-Trained in multiple positions with ability to fluctuate when needed • Train new team members according to Food Service Director’s training manual while upholding & teaching the positive culture set forth. • Monitor and evaluate food stock, waste, and sales levels ensuring Profit vs. loss is cost effective • Maintaining and teaching hygienic work spaces through daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning schedules of equipment and stations. • Lead and Assist in preparing meals including washing, peeling, cutting, slicing, baking, grilling, and steaming foods. • Preparing all meals as instructed by Food Service Director • Observe and test food for quality and temperature • Promote, support, and participate in student recruitment and retention efforts • Knowledge and skill set of all set-up and breakdown of food service stations • Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
-Education and training: High School diploma or GED -Work Experience: two years' experience in food preparation
• Passion for food • Great customer service skills • Teamwork mentality • Excellent Timeliness • Ability to bend, lift, stoop, stand for long periods of time • Excellent leadership skills
Open Until Filled: Yes
Requisition Number: req6018