Technical Clerk, Early College
Chattanooga State is an educationally purposeful community where faculty, staff, and students share academic goals and strive for high standards that lead to the attainment of degrees and certificates, meaningful careers, and a committed citizenry of lifelong learners.
We value those who:
· consistently act in the best interest of students and the College (who have their priorities right);
· get things accomplished (who execute);
· are transparent (who are direct, truthful, and non-manipulative);
· are positive in outlook (who see the glass as half-full); and
· build constructive workplace relationships (who are team players).
We have an opening for Technical Clerk (Early College) at our Chattanooga State campus!
The role will be responsible for the following:
* Manage Early College enrollment process. * Process and maintain Dual Enrollment Grant applications including eligibility verification. * Evaluate transcripts to determine testing needs * Determine deficiencies in admissions applications and work with students to resolve issues. * Maintain department records (electronic/hard copy) * Run Enrollment reports and rosters. * Perform general clerical tasks such as filing, answering multi-line phone. * Provide general and specific information regarding programs, services, policies and procedures. * Explain admission requirements and procedures to students, parents, and counselors. * Promote, support and participate in student recruitment and retention efforts (especially Dual Enrollment/Early College). * Utilize Banner system to provide information to internal and external clients. * Greet and provide assistance to visitors, parents, students, HS personnel, and others. * Serve as liaison between secondary school personnel and faculty, staff, and administration at Chattanooga State. * Provide clerical support to the director. * Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Education & Training: High School Diploma or GED Work Experience: Two years clerical experience involving data processing, bookkeeping and records management, and customer service.
Education & Training: Associates degree or some college coursework in information systems, business communications, business technology or office management. Work Experience: Two years office experience in a business or higher education environment including admissions and academic records management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge: Knowledge of modern office equipment capabilities and their standard business application. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, database management and web-based applications. Knowledge of the unique challenges in serving a high school population. Skills: Skills in oral and written communication including phone and email communication, public speaking and face-to-face interaction. Skills in listening and meeting the needs of students. Interpersonal skills consistent with establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and external customers. Skills in anticipating and prioritizing workload and needs of the department. Abilities: Ability to proficiently operate computers for word processing, spreadsheets, database management, and inter-office communications. Ability to maintain confidentiality, prioritize tasks and assignments, evaluate situations and make sound decisions based on information. Ability to meet the needs of a diverse socio-economic population with tact and diplomacy. Ability to adapt resources to meet the changing needs of the department. Ability to meet multiple work demands in changing and fast-paced environment.
Closing Date: (Must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. est.)
Open Until Filled: Yes
Requisition Number: req6025