General Advertising Clerk
The Chattanooga Times Free Press is seeking a part-time General Advertising Clerk who can assist customers in placing their required Classifieds Advertising across several interest areas.
As a media company that has been informing and connecting Chattanooga's readers, leaders and businesses since 1869, Chattanooga Times Free Press is well-known and well-received by our community of readers and businesses to satisfy their informational and advertising needs.
This position is part of the Advertising Classifieds Department and reports to the Advertising Director. This position will work with companies and individuals on their Classifieds ad needs across the focus areas of: Real Estate, Legal, Obituaries, and Private Party advertising placements.
Benefits and Compensation:
This is a part-time position, 20 to 29 hours weekly. Compensation will be based on experience, starting pay is $15 per hour.
Please send cover email with contact information and explanation of interest. Include any resume and work experience.
- Ability to type a minimum of 35 WPM.
- Requires basic computer skills and basic office equipment skills (copy machine, adding machine, etc.).
- Requires a score of 60% or higher on company spelling test.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to handle multiple deadlines and projects.
- Must have excellent people/customer skills.
- Prior experience in Classifieds Advertising is a plus but not required.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Customer Service - Provide prompt, courteous, and effective service to all customers and prospects. Maintain a high level of contact and professional communication with all accounts. Deliver accurate rate quotes, respond immediately to customer inquiries, and resolve any complaints promptly.
- Ad Sales - Help customer place advertising offering advice on when to run the ad, how to write the ad, cost of the ad, etc.
- Professionalism - Strive to be the best representative you can be for the Chattanooga Times Free Press/Chattanooga Publishing Company.
Other duties as assigned by management.
Physical Activities Required:
Must be able to see, to hear and to perform repetitive motion of hands/wrists.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual assigned to this position. Job results and criteria are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability. Employees have the responsibility of notifying their Supervisor and Human Resources of any disability that may require their position or responsibilities to be modified.
Chattanooga Publishing Company/Chattanooga Times Free Press is an Equal Opportunity Employer.