Multimedia Sales Consultant
The Chattanooga Times Free Press is looking for a Multimedia Sales Consultant to join our dynamic Advertising Team of experienced sales professionals.
As a media company that has been informing and connecting Chattanooga's readers, leaders and businesses since 1869, we are well-known for the deep brand awareness we hold and extend to our advertising clients. We offer an extensive portfolio of digital and traditional product platforms to work with, along with competitive compensation plus benefits in a fun, supportive atmosphere.
Summary of Job:
We are seeking a motivated, outgoing, and confident sales consultant to join our growing team and drive sales for our business. As a multimedia sales consultant, you will act as a liaison between our business and the customer in order to establish trust, increase knowledge, and drive more sales for our company.
The right candidate will be defined as follows:
Sales Consultant Duties & Responsibilities:
- Schedule sales appointments with current and prospective customers
- Maintain in-depth product knowledge and educate customers about the products
- Generate and track new leads to continue expanding the reach of the business
- Identify ways to market products to new consumers, including identifying new target markets
- Uphold relationships with clients to ensure they remain satisfied, that their questions are answered, and that their needs are met
- Collaborate with the marketing department to develop and implement new sales strategies
- Meet with other associates and multimedia sales consultants to discuss innovative ways to effectively sell to customers
- Constantly seek new ways to make products more attractive to current and prospective customers
- Actively participate in training sessions, role playing and certification programs to grow knowledge and expertise
- Demonstrate advanced sales knowledge, and stay up to date on all company policies and procedures
- Utilize sales analysis tools to understand customer dynamics, identify opportunities and threats to create action plans to meet sales goals
- Maintain CRM records of building and book of business, customer order potential, status of sales in progress and provide feedback to management on a regular basis
Sales Consultant Requirements & Qualifications:
- Passion for relationship selling
- Confident, friendly, and outgoing personality
- Customer service-oriented attitude
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues and customers
- Resilience, persistence, and a willingness to cope with rejection
- Excellent organization and time management capabilities
- Thrive as an individual and as part of a team
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent. Associate’s or bachelor’s degrees are preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in a sales or customer service role
- Understanding/knowledge of digital media
Reliable transportation for outside sales calls
Education and Experience
College degree or equivalent is a plus and one to three years of experience working in a sales, customer service or sales support environment is a must. Experience with web applications or in a web environment a plus. Incumbent/Candidate must have a proven track record of managing tasks from start to finish. Solid business and/or experience in a sales environment helpful.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The incumbent/candidate must have a detailed work ethic, be highly motivated, well organized and be able to communicate effectively with a diverse group of individual customers, as well as all levels of employees, including management. Requires expert knowledge of products, tools and reports. Candidate must have solid time management skills and solid written/oral communication skills. Computer skills are required for this position. Microsoft Word, Excel and proficiency with the Internet is mandatory.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift 5 lbs; carry 5 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual assigned to this position. Job results and criteria are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job. All requirement, are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability. Employees have the responsibility of notifying their Supervisor and Human Resources of any disability that may require their position or responsibilities to be modified.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org