CLEVELAND STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
is accepting applications for the following position:
Chemistry Instructor, Term Appointment
Instructors provide quality instruction for student learning and maintain a positive learning environment in the class. The major emphasis for instructors is on teaching and evaluating students in the course. Classes are taught in a variety of formats and at several different locations, as well as online. Instructors also communicate with students between classes and are responsible for several administrative duties such as reporting on academic activity and submitting final grades.
Essential Job Functions:
• Fulfill all instructional requirements as mandated by Cleveland State Community College and the Tennessee Board of Regents.
• Utilize appropriate instructional materials and methods.
• Maintain currency in the instructional field and teaching methodology.
• Devote a minimum of 37.5 hours per week to the institution, maintain appropriate office hours, and secure approval for any commitments which might affect employment.
• Be accessible to students for advisement, academic help, and assistance depending on instructional format.
• As needed, teach during all operational hours of the college at any of the college’s three locations as well as high schools as needed.
• Participate in institutional and academic unit meetings.
• Maintain and safeguard all necessary records and report grades periodically as prescribed by the Registrar.
• Comply with Cleveland State Community College and Tennessee Board of Regents Guidelines and Policies.
• Participate in periodic evaluations.
• Support and participate in the recruitment and retention efforts of the college.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the Position:
• Hold a minimum of a Master’s degree from an accredited institution in the teaching discipline or a Master’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum of eighteen hours in the discipline (Chemistry or Chemical Engineering).
• Meet the standards presently required or those which may be required in the future by the Tennessee State Board of Regents and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
• May be required to achieve additional skill, knowledge, or credentialing levels.
The educational requirements listed for this position are for the grade of instructor. However, the appointee may hold a higher rank provided he or she possesses the minimum education and experience now required or established in the future by the Tennessee State Board of Regents.
INSTRUCTOR SALARY RANGE: $40,000 - $47,720
Anticipated Start Date: Spring 2022
The required online application can be found at:
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED THROUGH OCTOBER 18, 2021.
Human Resources Office
Cleveland State Community College
Cleveland State Community College does not
discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or
employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected
veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect
to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by Cleveland State
Community College. Cleveland State Community College's policy on
nondiscrimination can be found at: http://www2.clevelandstatecc.edu/about/policy-manual/policy-7-01-00-00