Nursing Skills/Simulation Lab Technician
At Cleveland State Community College, our mission is to build strong minds, careers and communities through exceptional teaching and learning, workforce development and service. We wish to hire individuals with similar values who can help us accomplish those goals.
CLEVELAND STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE is accepting applications for the following position:
Nursing Skills/Simulation Lab Technician
Number of Openings: 1
Employee Classification: Non-Exempt
Institution: Cleveland State Community College
Department: Campus Events
Campus Location: Cleveland, TN
Salary Range: $31,970 - $38,360
The incumbent keeps the lines of communication open concerning skills lab and simulation lab support of the nursing curriculum and performs related work as required. The position does not include teaching or evaluation of students.
If you are interested, click on the link to apply.
Applications can be assured full consideration if submitted by September 21, 2023.
- Work with Nursing Skills/Simulation Lab Coordinator and faculty members in planning campus laboratory experiences including but not limited to:
- Requisitioning of supplies, coordinating the use of software, scheduling the use of equipment, oversee the return of equipment, cleaning lab areas, and maintaining/updating software.
- Work with simulation/multimedia equipment and aid students/faculty in the use of the equipment.
- Assume responsibility for ensuring the maintenance and repair of simulation/multimedia equipment.
- Assist the Nursing Skills/Simulation Lab Coordinator and course lead faculty in developing skills kit order lists to submit to the campus bookstore for student purchases.
- Attend team meetings with respective teams each to better coordinate use of the laboratory.
- Assists the Nursing Skills/Simulation Lab Coordinator in maintaining inventory, monitoring prevention and maintenance schedule for all equipment.
- Directs student workers assigned to the department through the Federal Work Study Program.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Dean, Director of Nursing and/or Nursing Skills/Simulation Lab Coordinator.
- Under the direction of the Nursing Skills/Simulation Lab Coordinator, the Nursing Skills/Simulation Lab Technician will provide technical support for all simulation operations, including preparation, maintenance and repair of computerized manikins (software and hardware), task trainers and related simulation/multimedia peripherals.
- The incumbent will also serve as simulator operator by programming, testing and running scenarios with faculty instructors, assuring that the facility and equipment are set up for teaching sessions.
- Participate in event and scenario planning meetings to provide technical expertise on capabilities and limitations of equipment and facilities to meet course needs.
- Understand the use and operation of different simulator technologies ranging from anatomic models and task trainers to screen-based simulations to full body patient simulators and virtual reality surgical simulators.
- Develop technical proficiency with all aspects of the operation, maintenance, support, troubleshooting, repair and replacement needs for all equipment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in Information Technology or Healthcare field.
- Experience with computer and simulation/multimedia equipment, preferred.
- Experience in patient simulation services, technologies, and applications, preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, attentive to detail, flexible, and manage stressful situations
- Possess strong interpersonal communication skills and maintain focus with job responsibilities.
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the students, employees, and community constituents.
- Willingness to work extended and flexible hours during certain periods of the year.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Aware of effective customer service practices and ability to implement them within an educational setting.
- Work activities involve a moderate level of expertise with personal computers, laboratory and simulation/multimedia equipment.
The Health and Science Building on the campus of Cleveland State Community College in Cleveland, Tennessee, is the primary workplace. Occasional travel to off-site campus instructional sites within the College’s five-county service area may be necessary. Weekly work schedule is determined by the program course needs and will vary day to day. Some evening hours may be required.
Cleveland State offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to the following:
- Insurance: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability (long and short term), FSA/HSA
Wellness Incentive Program (if enrolled in health)
Educational Assistance: Fee Waiver, Spouse/Dependent Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement
Employee Assistance Program
Retirement Options: State of TN Pension (TCRS), 401a, 401k with $100 match, 403b, and 457
14 Paid Holidays/Year
Sick and Annual Leave
Sick Leave Bank
State Employee Discount Program with over 900 merchants
If you are interested, click on the link to apply before Sept. 21, 2023.
Cleveland State Community College does not discriminate against
students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of
race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic
information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all
employment, programs and activities sponsored by Cleveland State Community
College. Cleveland State Community College's policy on nondiscrimination
can be found at: http://www2.clevelandstatecc.edu/about/policy-manual/policy-7-01-00-00