WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT OPERATOR
- Follow approved standard operating procedures (SOP’s) to ensure proper and efficient plant operations.
- Perform routine quality control checks, monitor plant, and make operational adjustments as approved by the Chief Operator or Plant Supervisor.
- Closely monitor Plant Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition (SCADA) system for overall plant & lift stations performance or any alarm conditions.
- Maintain detailed records of quality control results and operational adjustments.
- Establish adequate inventory and feed rates of treatment chemicals.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance as assigned.
- Set up sampling equipment and collect industrial wastewater samples.
- Perform general plant housekeeping/cleaning.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency required.
- Additional education in biology or chemistry or wastewater treatment experience is a plus.
- Ability to use Microsoft Windows, MS Office, understand charts and graphs and interpret results required.
- Knowledge of plant supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) software is a plus.
- Tennessee certification as Grade III or IV Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator is preferred but not required. Should be able to obtain Grade III certification within 24 to 36 months of qualifying.
- Knowledge and experience with various computer hardware and software applications used in wastewater treatment.
- Tennessee Class D vehicle operator’s license is required.
- Must work 12-hour nightshift, 6:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m. including some weekends.
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds of chemicals or equipment.
- Climb stairs and ladders, and ability to enter and exit manholes and pits.
- Handle high-pressure water hoses.
- Wear self-contained breathing apparatus for extended periods.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume by Friday, September 3, 2021, to:
P.O. BOX 2730
CLEVELAND, TN 37320 -2730
Or Email to: email@example.com
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER