Our client, a silicon metal manufacturing company, has an immediate need for a Human Resources Manager/Generalist, based out of their Alabama office.
This position is a key member of the executive team that will serve in driving HR initiatives in operational and tactical planning, talent acquisition and retention, compensation programs, training and development while overseeing a team of the day-to-day activities of each department.
This dynamic and collaborative position requires a true generalist background that will serve as a strong player-coach and understands the value of employees at every level in the organization. This position will interact with all levels of the organization as well as external customers.
• Create and direct organization’s human resource operational and tactical.
• Create organization’s operational recruitment, selection and talent retention plan.
• Create organization’s operational and tactical training and human capital development plan to meet personal, professional and organizational needs of associates.
• Oversee compensation programs to ensure regulatory compliance and competitive compensation levels. • Direct the administration of benefit programs to include health and welfare, retirement, life insurance, disability and unemployment.
• Responsible for the administration and coordination of employee and labor relation issues. • Oversee organizational compliance of federal, state and local labor and employment, wage and hour laws and regulations.
• Direct the medical case management of organization’s workers compensation program. • Evaluate procedures and technology solutions to maintain or improve human capital data management, including payroll.
• Recommend and establish organization’s policies and procedures.
• Develop and manage annual budgets, health and welfare and perform periodic cost and productivity analyses.
• Evaluate organizational culture and be a leader of change management to accomplish company goals and objectives.
• Establish and implement short and medium-range departmental goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures.
• Develop and mentor Human Resources Staff.
• Manage annual Human Resources budget.
• Master Degree preferred at minimum Bachelor Degree in Business Management, Industrial Relations or Human Resources. Psychology, Sociology, preferred.
• Minimum of 10+ years progressive experience in various management roles, including at least 5 years of experience in a Senior Human Resource Management and heavy manufacturing experience.
• Minimum of five years of experience in progressively more responsible supervisory or management roles with a track record of influencing positive.
• Experience with recruitment and retaining employees or other non-exempt employees beneficial. • Passion for delivering results to customers.
• Willingness/enthusiasm for accepting responsibility and accountability; An “ownership mentality.” • Strong work ethic.
• Independent worker
• Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity.
• Achievement/results driven.
• High-energy individual.
• Ability to foster strong relationships with colleagues/customers.
• Recognized as a source of expertise and possessing a distinct point of view.
• Experience with labor law national complexities.
• Ability to leverage resources and best practices from large multinational parent company. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.