As a Utility Worker, you will be responsible for the operation of cleaning house equipment, bringing the correct wheat over from the elevator and tempering it to the proper moistures, and loading feed cars. To succeed, you must be able to:
- Perform duties and deliver results in new situations while adhering to safety and food safety policies without compromising the team’s values.
- Serve others with understanding, respect, and care.
- Operate with simplicity, clarity and transparency.
- Deal with and drive change.
- Organize, prioritize and own multiple tasks while meeting or exceeding deadlines.
- Learn and apply new technology and share your knowledge with others.
Above all you will be expected to carry out all your activities with reliability, integrity, compliance and in a safe, environmentally responsible, and efficient manner.
- Responsible for the operation of cleaning house equipment, bringing the correct wheat over from the elevator and tempering it to the proper moistures, and loading feed cars and trucks.
- Must be able to learn to operate computer programs such as Intellution and Microsoft Access.
- Must be able to trouble shoot equipment issues in the cleaning house and work independently.
- Required to step-up and fill-in for the Assistant Miller duties on repairs days as required.
- Responsible for conducting milling repairs to include working sifters, cleaning the combi-cleaner, separators, etc.
- Sanitation activities include shoveling up piles, dumping barrels/ buggies and sweeping up assigned areas.
Essential skills and experience:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient in computer tools including email and spreadsheets.
- Proficient in English both written and verbally.
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrates ability to think and work independently
- Demonstrates sound decision making and problem solving skills.
Physical requirements and working conditions (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds and exert 20 pounds of force.
- Able to work in a production environment and wear respiratory protection.
- Able to work in hot and cold conditions.
- Ascend and Descend stairs throughout the facility.
- Climb step and extension ladders as well as on top of rail cars (if necessary).
- Wear the required PPE.
- Must be willing to accept accountability and work well in a team.
- Must be willing and able to work rotating shifts: 1st (0700 – 1500) – 2nd (1500 – 2300) or 3rd shift (2300 – 0700), weekends, Holidays, 7-day weeks, and opposing shifts when needed.
- Must be willing to get cross-trained in at least one other position for development within the facility and to provide any relief duties as needed.
At Ardent Mills, everyone matters and everyone has a voice. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and team members and the decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, aboriginality, ancestry, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, age, political affiliation, or any other non-merit characteristic protected by law or not. Together, celebrating our differences, we make Ardent Mills.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.
1B Riverside Lane, Chattanooga TN, 37406
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Learn more and apply here: ardentmillscareers.com/job/Chattanooga-TN/Utility-Operator_R3658/