Class A CDL Driver
GES Recycling is looking for a DOT truck driver (dump experience preferred). This driver will be responsible for the collection of scrap metal loads with the utmost attention to customer service and safety. Driver will be responsible for transporting products essential to the company’s business as well as representing GES in a professional manner. Driver will also be responsible for running a crane/heavy equipment. Driver will load/unload trucks and rail cars following instructions, shipping details and safety procedures set forth by the supervisor.
GES Recycling offers great pay as well as excellent benefits including medical, dental and 401(k) matching plans. Company paid short- and long-term disability and life insurance. Paid vacations and holidays.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Current Commercial Driver License required.
- Must successfully pass a Company Road Test
- Must pass mandatory physicals required by D.O.T.
- Must pass ongoing random drug screening.
- Must Pass background check
- Preferred two (2) years' verifiable tractor/trailer driving experience
- No on-road preventable accidents during the past (3) years while driving a commercial motor vehicle
- No more than one moving violation in the previous three (3) years
- Must be able to work flexible schedules
- Must be able to perform additional duties as needed
- Safely operate a diesel truck and pull a loaded 48’-53’ trailer
- Establish good record keeping habits
- Sort scrap and transfers to correct material stack.
- Safely load/unload scrap on /from trucks or rail cars as assigned.
- Keep heavy equipment operating by following operating instructions.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Current Commercial Driver License required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 per hour