Field Electrical Technician
Field Electrical Technician
The field electrical technician will work in collaboration with the controls engineers and the service team to help install, setup, and troubleshoot industrial equipment with a focus on electrical work. This is a very hands-on and independent position, alternating between time on the manufacturing floor and at customer sites.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Self-motivated and self-driven.
- Computer proficiency.
- Problem solving.
- Good knowledgeable of electrical and controls systems.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate’s degree in a relevant technical field preferred but not mandatory for the right candidate.
- 3+ years of applicable experience.
- Experience with machine commissioning and providing onsite support.
- Experience setting up machinery and/or electrical/controls cabinets.
- Good knowledge of modern electrical systems.
Technical and administrative skills:
- Basic knowledge of PLCs and HMIs.
- Knowledge of electrical and electronic systems.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot electrical/controls problems.
- Ability to work on 460V systems.
- Perform circuit diagnostics.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings.
- Mechanically inclined.
Computer and Technology Skills:
- Use of Microsoft Office Suites software.
Other Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Up to 80% travel time throughout the year.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- $25 to $40 hourly depending on experience.
Hasko designs and manufactures robust, productive and efficient woodworking equipment, both standard models and custom machines that give our customers a competitive advantage through designs that improve uptime, labor content, and throughput.
HASKO specializes in designing and constructing heavy-built machines for the following industries:
- Solid, engineered and truck flooring.
- Laminated beams.
- General woodworking.
- Dimensional wood and furniture.
- Ripped products and lumber.
- Optimization, defect scanning, and chopping.
- Material handling and automation