Lincoln Electric Automation of Chattanooga is seeking someone ambitious to travel up to 40% of the time to customer sites providing technical support, creating new programs, and researching new avenues of technological improvement and advancement for all automate systems. Also, Test and debug course code, provide onsite technical support, and field service for customers.
This position will require you to use problem solving skills to create quality systems. Bachelors degree and 2+years of PLC experience, proficient in Allen Bradley, experience with RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000, and Factory Talkview, and experience with Motoman, Fanuc, and Panasonic, and/or ABB programming structure.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 10 paid holidays, PTO, life insurance, short & long term disability, and a bonus plan, extra PTO day for 10 days spent overnight on the road, and travel pay incentive. Starting pay around $25-$35 for this hourly second shift position. Our core hours are M-F 7:00am-3:30pm with an average of 50 hours a week including overtime according to workload and travel. Base pay depends on job-related skills, knowledge, and experience.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Write and debug effective and safe control programs that meet the requirements of the end user and the expectations of Tennessee Rand.
- Maintain the quality of equipment shipped.
- Follow Tennessee Rand Build Standards and Tennessee Rand Technical Guidelines, including deviation lists that may be provided to allow for customer specifications or requirements.
- Ensure control programming of equipment and tooling is complete, safe, and functional.
- Provide training and guidance to less experienced PLC technicians and programmers.
- Meet requirements for internal runoffs, safety inspections, and other quality control procedures.
- Clear communications with Project Management staff and supervisors on issues that may come up.
- Design effective and detailed HMI screens that are neatly arranged for ease in understanding by end user operators and technical staff.
- Lead projects and make sure everything is done on time and to the customer’s specifications.
- Debugging of electrical systems as needed for operation of all machines.
- Communicating with robot programmers on what is needed from them to make a project run smoothly.
- Travel 40%+ including overnight.