Lincoln Electric Automation of Chattanooga is seeking someone ambitious to travel up to 40% of the time to customer sites to service/install robotic systems.
This position will require you to use problem solving skills to create quality systems. 5+years of workable experience as a Robot Technician and comprehensive knowledge of 3 of 4 major robot welder combinations. (Motoman, Fanuc, ABB, and Panasonic robots.)
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 10 paid holidays, PTO, life insurance, short & long term disability, and a bonus plan, extra PTO day for 10 days spent overnight on the road, and travel pay incentive. Starting pay around $25-$30 for this hourly second shift position. Our core hours are M-F 7:00am-3:30pm with an average of 50 hours a week including overtime according to workload and travel. Base pay depends on job-related skills, knowledge, and experience.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Advance MIG and spot welding capabilities. (Aluminum, copper, stainless, and heavy welding etc.)
- Advance understanding in material handling on at least 2 major robot groups. (Motoman, ABB, and Fanuc.)
- Capable using 2D and 3D vision, seam tracking, touch sensing, part tracking, palletizing and coordinated motion. (IRvision, Cognex, Palletizing software, and TAST Commands)
- Capable of using servo float commands, job shifting, and offset programming
- Capable of setting up and testing Safety Functions. (DCS safety zones, RT, and FSU boards)
- Capable of supervising a crew over multiple jobs in different locations.
- Programming robots with Fixed mounted TCP used in de-burring and sanding processes.
- Capable of offline programming using (CIM Station, Fanuc Weld Pro, MotoSim, and Robot Studio verified by the Manufacturing Manager.)
- Capable programming Laser systems and adding new styles to robot laser systems and fixed mounted Trump lasers.
- Intermediate electrical trouble shooting for cells and tooling.
- Resource contacts from Fanuc, Motoman, ABB, Lincoln, Miller, Fronius, SKS and Panasonic service group and capabilities to follow troubleshooting procedures and protocol to fix issues abroad.
- Detailed Project Management capabilities with customers and TR Management.
- Customer service contact for Tennessee Rand and Lincoln Electric for robotic and welding questions.
- Intermediate knowledge of PLC programming capable of making small changes in the field on phone with controls department. (Upload/download programs, Adjust safety scanners, and make approved changes to safety PLC.)
- Robot Technician I, Robot Technician II, Robot Technician III, Robot Technician IV, and Robot Technician V prerequisite you are considered to advance to Integration Project Lead.
- Willing to travel 40% of the time to customer sites.
- Maintain a skills inventory score indicative of a level III or higher technician