CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides care of the ill, injured and performs under the direction of the physician and professional registered nurse. The LPN applies knowledge of basic growth and development in patient care; incorporates knowledge of the nursing process and the professional standards and contributes to the evaluation of patient needs; and provides care based on the physical and psychosocial needs of the patient.
1. Identifying and managing a patient crisis until RN / physician assistance is available.
2. Identifies practice abilities and limitations according to Scope of Practice.
3. Obtains instruction, delegation and supervision by an RN
4. Recognizes and performs duties which are needed even when not directly assigned.
5. Administers medications accurately and safely: following five rights, monitoring adverse effects, reactions, therapeutic responses, toxicity, and incompatibilities.
6. Reports occurrences/complaints, following appropriate chain of command.
7. Anticipates and prevents periods of extreme workload within a shift as evidenced by good time
management and organizational skills.
8. Intervenes promptly and courteously to resolve problems and promote customer satisfaction.
9. Using and maintaining team spirit; gaining social support from other nurses as
evidenced by responding promptly to requests and smooth, cooperative working relationships with others.
10. Maintains flexibility toward technology as evidenced by implementing and supporting new
11. Communicates effectively and timely with RN and physicians regarding care needs, status changes,
and questions regarding treatment plan.
Nursing Education for Licensed Practical Nurse from an accredited nursing program.
Licensed Practical Nurse licensure in TN
Apply for this job online
Email this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?