CHI Memorial Hospital, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, is once again the only hospital in the Chattanooga area to be named a Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be the regional referral center of choice providing health care throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia.
Important Note: Nicotine is part of our pre-employment drug screen
The Paramedic is responsible for the delivery of patient care under the guidelines of the Tennessee Department of Public Health – EMS Board, the Georgia Department of Public Health – Office of EMS and Trauma, as well as the guidance of the department Medical Director. The Paramedic will deliver care in the pre-hospital setting under the treatment protocols set forth and approved by the Director of EMS and the Medical Director.
1. The Paramedic will provide emergency medical treatment and transport to the sick and injured under his care in accordance with all applicable laws and department protocols and procedures.
2. The Paramedic will document all patient care performed in the approved Patient Care Report program, using the required format.
3. The Paramedic will ensure that all required paperwork is completed and turned in by end of shift.
4. The Paramedic will ensure that his/her equipment is in a state of readiness and cleanliness at the beginning of each shift and their ambulance is fully stocked in accordance with departmental procedures.
5. The Paramedic will report any deficiencies and/or mechanical issues with their supplies, equipment, or vehicle to a supervisor in a timely fashion. They will restock the unit as necessary.
6. The Paramedic will attend any required education that is deemed necessary by the Director or the Medical Director.
7. The Paramedic will be responsible for his/her licensure and the required education for renewal. Education will be provided by the Department but it is the Paramedic’s responsibility to ensure they have enough credits for their own renewal.
8. The Paramedic will perform any other duties as requested by a supervisor, the EMS Operations Manager, or Director of EMS.
High school diploma or equivalent. Graduate of an accredited school of Paramedic science.
Must have 1 of the following:
Tennessee Paramedic license
Georgia Paramedic License
Must become dual state licensed within 12 months of hire
Both of the following certifications:
American Heart Association – BLS / Health Care Provider
American Heart Association – ACLS
The following license:
Valid State Driver’s License (If TN license, the “F” endorsement is required)
Either of the following will be required within 6 months of hire: State of Georgia Paramedic License / National Registry License (in order to obtain GA License).
Any 1 of the following pediatric certifications (will be required within 6 months of hire):
American Heart Association – PALS
National Assoc. of EMTs – EPC
American Academy of Pediatrics - PEPP
Either of the following trauma certifications (will be required within 6 months of hire):
American College of Emergency Physicians – ITLS
National Association of EMTs – PHTLS
Either of the following driving courses:
Emergency Vehicle Operations Course - EVOC
Certified Emergency Vehicle Operator - CEVO
Apply for this job online
Email this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?