In partnership with the Director of Operations, responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of the Ronald McDonald House guest rooms, as well as directing and managing housekeeping volunteers.
- Responsible for cleanliness and maintenance of guest rooms at the Ronald McDonald House, utilizing an extended-stay method
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining general areas of the Ronald McDonald House including floor maintenance, office, kitchens, dens, restrooms, and storage areas
- Oversees the laundering of House linens
- Responsible for cleanliness of the front-walk, doorway, and courtyard areas of the House
- Communicates family issues in regard to compliance with House rules to the Director of Operations and assists families as needed
- Directs and manages activities of student, youth, and group volunteers in relation to housekeeping projects
- Works with Director of Operations to use and store all donated and purchased items
- Works with Director of Operations to keep storage areas clean and neat
- Ability to continuously push/pull a number of light items (up to 40 lbs.)
- Ability to stand for sustained periods of time
- Ability to walk continuously for sustained periods of time
- Ability to reach over the head and kneel as needed
- Ability to carry or lift light items (up to 20 lbs.) as needed
- A high school diploma or equivalent G.E.D. is required.
- Must be able to work independently without supervision.
- Must uphold the mission of the Ronald McDonald House to provide care and comfort to families of critically ill or injured children and cancer patients.