The Southeast's premier metal service center company, Siskin Steel & Supply, is looking to hire Loaders for 3rd Shift at its Nashville TN location. Siskin is a full-line metal service center with six locations, servicing thirteen states. Founded in the early 1900’s, Siskin Steel is now a one-stop shop for carbon, aluminum, stainless steel and other non-ferrous metals, with metal processing capabilities that include: saw/laser/plasma cutting, tube laser, and more.
General Job Description
This job is in the Operations Department, and this position is responsible for formulating and carrying out a loading plan to load company trailers in accordance with driver’s (Local or OTR) pre-specified route. Knowledge of DOT regulations pertaining to load weight and load width is required along with truck driving skills, especially truck backing in order to move truck from department to department. The Loader will report to the Shift Foreman.
Benefits & Salary
Siskin Steel employees are eligible for Medical/Vision/Dental/RX/Basic Life/Basic AD&D/STD/LTD/EAP, Paid Time Off, 401K with Company Match, and Quarterly Incentives.
Loader 3rd Shift schedule is Sun-Thurs 9:30p to 5:30a. Pay begins at $18.57 per hour.
- Safe operation of tractor pulling flatbed trailer on company property especially backing up truck in order to move truck from department to department
- Formulate a workable loading plan which will allow the truck to be loaded considering the following variables:
- Material size
- Material shape
- Material weight
- Driver Stop/Unloading Sequence
- DOT Regulations
- Accurately checks to ensure both proper material and proper quantities of material is sent to the truck by warehouse personnel. This is done through the proper use of:
- Tape Measures
- Yard Scales
- Verification of item descriptions on work copies
- Loaders must be able to climb up and down from tractors and onto and off of trailers
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds routinely
- Possess ability to frequently stand, bend, push, squat, and use pry bar in order to position material correctly on trailer.
- Maintains housekeeping
- Monitors work area
- Demonstrates ability and accepts responsibility to perform other duties assigned by the foreman as necessary to complete the shift.
30% Bending, stooping, squatting: Unhook chains; guide and position material; count, check and measure material.
20% Sitting down to drive tractor trailer in warehouse and on company property.
15% Walking on uneven surface while trailer is being loaded.
10% Climbing into and out of truck cab (3 steps) and up and down from flatbed trailer (5-7 step ladder) approximately 25-30 times per shift.
10% Pushing / pulling material weighing 50 pounds.
5% Lifting to 50 pounds
2% Walking on flat surface.
Must wear required personal protective equipment.
Siskin Steel is committed to the policy of Equal Employment Opportunity for all applicants and employees. We believe each applicant and employee shall be treated with dignity and respect and shall not be subject to unfair treatment or discrimination based on a person’s race, creed, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, uniform service, veteran status, protected disability (including pregnancy), or any other category protected under federal or state law.