Warehouse Crane Operator
Job Title: Warehouse Crane Operator
The Southeast's premier metal service center company, Siskin Steel & Supply, is looking for Warehouse Crane Operators for its downtown Chattanooga location. Siskin is a full-line service center with six locations, servicing thirteen states. Founded in the early 1900’s, Siskin Steel is a one-stop shop for carbon, aluminum, stainless steel and other non-ferrous metals, with metal processing capabilities that include: saw/laser/plasma cutting, tube laser, and more.
This job is in the Plant Department, moving inventory or equipment. Work includes specialized equipment operation and/or supporting functions, and requires a practical knowledge of the nature and operations of the materials, facilities and methods in metals processing and distribution.
Pay ranges from: $18.07 - $19.97 per hour / is 40hrs+ per week / No Weekends, Monday-Friday / 3rd Hours: 12a-8a / 2nd Hours: 4p-12a
We have great benefits including: Medical/Health and Rx Insurance | Paid Time/Accrued Time Off | Dental, Vision Insurance | 401(k) with Matching | Tuition Reimbursement | Parental Leave and more!
Essential Job Functions:
- Generally responsible for completing basic, routine tasks with detailed instructions.
- Responsible for moving inventory or equipment, filling customer orders, pulling material from racks, unloading incoming material, loading trucks and/or customer vehicles, & helping maintain the upkeep of the warehouse.
- Moves material from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas using forklift, side loader, or crane.
- Receives, places/returns/restocks items into stock inventory locations.
- Pulls and assembles orders based on reviewing work/shipping orders or other documentation.
- Tags material for proper identification and completes all required documentation.
- Maintains work area in a clean, safe, and orderly condition.
- Sorts and places material on rack, shelves, or in bin according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, or product code.
- Spot checks on inventory, completes daily and/or ad hoc checks for proper tagging of material, as directed.
- Report any irregularities to supervisor for direction.
- Responsible for adhering to/ensuring compliance with applicable safety and quality standards.
- All other duties and responsibilities assigned by management.
Preferred/Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Range of experience (up to 5 years) of relevant warehouse and material handling (or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities preferred).
- High School diploma/GED preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a certification to operate all required motorized material handling and rigging equipment.
- Clear oral and written communication skills, particularly legible handwriting required.
- Ability to show adequate manual dexterity, finger dexterity, arm-hand steadiness, and multi-limb coordination required.
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions as applied to work situations required.
- Basic measurement skills, including taking, converting, and/or using measurements of length, width, height, and weight to perform basic math computations correctly required.
- Basic arithmetic skills (to calculate and convert decimals and fractions) required.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively required.
- Ability to make sound decisions based on a combination of factors including knowledge, experience, and judgment required.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with supervisors and co-workers required.
70% Standing | 40% Walking | 40% Stooping/Bending | 40% Kneeling | 10% Hand use | 70% Pushing/pulling up to 50 lbs | 20% Lifting up to 50 lbs | 20% Carrying up to 50 lbs.
Siskin Steel is committed to the policy of Equal Employment Opportunity for all applicants and employees. We believe each applicant and employee shall be treated with dignity and respect and shall not be subject to unfair treatment or discrimination based on a person’s race, creed, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, uniform service, veteran status, protected disability (including pregnancy), or any other category protected under federal or state law.