Position: Kitchen Manager
Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt Hourly
Reports To: General Manager
Travel: May require travel for training purposes.
- Oversee and administer training and development of kitchen personnel.
- Attend all scheduled employee/BEO meetings and bring suggestions for improvement.
- Work with Event Planners, food team, FOH team to plan and successfully execute all events.
- Work with Culinary Management to plan, price, and implement menu items.
- Meet weekly with the General Manager.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity.
- Prepare all required paperwork, orders, inventories, forms, and other reports in an accurate manner.
- Is knowledgeable of kitchen policies regarding personnel and administers prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules, and procedures. Review all possible issues with manager.
- Assist management with employment and termination decisions including interviewing, hiring, evaluating, and disciplining kitchen personnel, as needed.
- Identify and manage staff projects.
- Ensure security, functionality, and proper handling of company property in the department.
- Ensure that all products are accurately ordered, delivered, and received.
- Monitor and control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes, and waste control procedures.
- Open and close the kitchen properly and follow the opening/closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assist others in closing the kitchen.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary workstation area including all kitchen equipment.
- Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
- Ensure that all equipment and food storage areas are kept clean and in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Assume 100% responsibility for the quality of products served.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking, and serving standards.
- Assist in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Prepare food items for broiling, grilling, frying or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning, and/or marinating.
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Assist in the creation of unique caterings for high end clients.
- Create and implement approved weekly features that may not be on the regular menu.
- Interact professionally by using Spare Time Service Standards (Code S.E.R.V.E.).
- Serve guests utilizing Spare Time Entertainment’s Steps of Service.
- Respond personally to guest questions and complaints.
- Report all company violations to management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High school diploma or Culinary Degree/Certification preferred.
- 5+ years high volume kitchen experience.
- 2+ years in a leadership/management role operation.
- Serve Safe Certification required.
- The noise level can be loud and may contain lighting effects such as lasers and strobes.
- This job operates in a professional kitchen environment and may, at times, be guest facing. This role routinely uses standard kitchen equipment such as fryers, ranges, cooking ovens and other kitchen appliances.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of conditions at cooking/kitchen/studio job sites. Other environment exposure includes hot surfaces, sharp cutlery, temperature management, ice machines and general kitchen operational items.