The Church on Main in Chattanooga, TN seeking an organized venue manager to handle the operations, bookings, and maintenance for our venue. In this role, you will be required to create venue pricing packages, secure bookings, liaise with third-party event managers and clients, and coordinate the logistics of events.
To be a successful venue manager, you should demonstrate excellent problem-solving abilities and strong leadership skills. Ultimately, top-notch venue managers can anticipate all logistics and requirements for events and show exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills and ensure the venue generates profit for the company.
- Schedule venue tours with prospective clients
- Managing all bookings for events and liaising with the clients to determine event requirements
- Preparing venue hire packages and pricing options and negotiating with clients
- Scheduling and coordinating the rental of sound equipment, furniture, and other venue equipment
- Liaising with catering services and supervising their requirements and logistics
- Managing all maintenance and repairs of the venue grounds, property, equipment, and facility
- Ensuring that the venue is clean and organized
- Supervising the operations of events and tending to any incidents or queries
- Communicating and enforcing all security regulations and protocols
- Managing all administrative tasks such as insurance, booking schedules, and invoicing
- Promoting the venue through a variety of marketing channels, to include:
- Maintain the venue website
- Attend networking events and tradeshows/ bridal shows
- Maintain the venue’s online presence on sites such as The Knot
- Maintain the venue’s local presence on lists through the Chattanooga Chamber, CVB, etc.
- Create newsletter content in Constant Contact
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in events management, hospitality, or similar preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a venue or event manager preferred
- Overall knowledge of the wedding and events industry
- Experience with promotional tools to include social media, Pinterest, styled shoots, vendor relations, and vendor networking
- Proficient in QuickBooks, Constant Contact, and Excel
- Ability to multitask and remain calm in stressful situations
- Proficient promotional ability and knowledge of marketing channels and techniques
- Sound knowledge of safety measures and risk management strategies
- Great interpersonal and communication abilities
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Strong negotiation skills and leadership abilities
- Willingness to work long hours and on weekends and holidays
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands
Employee required to spend a portion of time remaining in a seated position looking at a computer screen. Employee will be required to do significant standing and walking. Employee must be able to lift at least 30 pounds. Employee will be in a well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned indoor setting with adequate ventilation. Employee may also be required to work outdoors.