Environment, Health and Safety Manager The Environmental, Health and Safety Manager is responsible for the overall provisions of Environmental, Health and Safety services, policies, and programs for our South Charleston, West Virginia manufacturing plant.
The major areas of responsibility include developing and implementing safety and environmental programs ensuring regulatory compliances, providing regulatory and technical support and training assistance at all levels within the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Plans, directs and implements safety and environmental programs to ensure compliance.
2. Oversees compliance with applicable OSHA laws and regulatory concerns.
3. Develop and implement policies and procedures to maintain a safe work environment in plant.
4. Provides regulatory assistance, technical support and training to all levels within plant.
5. Manages the applications, renewal and reporting process for environmental permitting within Gestamp NA.
6. Directs internal and external resources in response to safety and environmental compliance issues, enforcement actions, emergencies, acquisitions divestitures and changes in operations.
Coordinate with Corporate and Plant resources as required.
7. Conducts and/or coordinates internal/external safety and environmental audits to monitor facility compliance.
8. Logs and tracks audit recommendations to completion.
9. Assists all levels in developing corrective actions for audit findings.
10. Assists business managers in their preparation of safety and health initiatives and budgets and in responses to customer and governmental agency environmental health & safety surveys.
11. Evaluates, manages and implements standardized programs and information systems that monitor, simplify and document compliance to internal, OSHA, TS 16949, ISO 14001 and other regulatory requirements and permits as appropriate.
12. Provides interpretation and support for compliance to Gestamp, Spain Health and Safety Initiatives.
13. Ensures environmental, health and safety is an integral part of the planning process for plant projects such as lean initiatives, plant layouts, cell arrangements, or new processes.
14. Communicates goals and objectives, applies company policy, staffs, trains, coaches, insures positive employee relations.
15. Serves on the executive management team to provide company leadership and direction regarding environmental, health and safety activities.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelors Degree in EH&S, Human Resources, Business, or a related field required.
2. Masters Degree preferred
10 years of progressive leadership experience in Environmental, Health & Safety in an automotive environment preferred, CSP preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations. 2. Strong effective communicator in writing, business presentations, and in interpersonal communication.
3. Sound judgment, strategic thinking, and solid problem-solving skills.
4. Individual leadership, analytical and problem solving skills.
5. Planning, organizational and prioritization skills.
6. Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
7. Advanced knowledge of safety and environmental regulations and enforcement proceedings.
8. Experience in managing property/casualty loss control activities and industrial hygiene programs
Strong project management skills. Good attention to detail.
10. Must be able to work part of a team and motivate others.
Seniority level Mid-Senior level
Employment type Full-time
Job function Human Resources
About this company
At Gestamp, we are aware that people are the most important asset for developing and growing our business. That is why we take special care of our employees with Human Resources management based on:
• Care for health and safety
• Promotion of continuous learning and career development
• Equal opportunities
• Reconciliation of professional and personal life
• Respectful relationships with our employees
• Fostering of communication and participation
• Creation of social benefits
At Gestamp, we are strongly committed to encouraging effort and the drive to persevere. Joining the Group means working in a successful environment.
Gestamp is an international group dedicated to the design, development and manufacture of metal automotive components. The Group specializes in developing innovatively designed products to achieve increasingly safer and lighter vehicles, thereby reducing energy consumption and environmental impact.
Gestamp was founded in 1997 with the goal of being a global provider with a focus on technology. Since that time, Gestamp has grown steadily, progressively adding new products and technologies. This has made us leaders in the design and manufacture of automotive components and one of the leading manufacturers in the automotive industry worldwide.
In Gestamp growth and constancy are our specialty. Our challenge is to position ourselves at the forefront of innovation in the automotive sector. That is why we make every effort to research and develop breakthrough technologies.
We know that in order to progress we must remain close to our customers, so we are present in the big global manufacturing centers and own nearly 100 production facilities on four continents. We can thus offer our customers comprehensive solutions that cover the entire production process, from product concept to delivery at their assembly lines.
High business diversification by region, customers and products
Our expansion strategy is linked to the growth plans of our clients.
This geographic diversity enables us to take advantage of global growth opportunities and has mitigated the impact of fluctuations in regional demand during periods of economic crisis.
With the contribution of global solutions, we have become the benchmark supplier for the world's leading automobile manufacturers. The know-how and technological expertise we place at our customers' service has enabled us to become their strategic partner moving forward.
We have a diversified customer base that includes the 12 largest automakers by production volume, including Volkswagen, Renault-Nissan, PSA, Daimler, General Motors and BMW.
Originally, our portfolio consisted mainly of Body products and, to a lesser extent, Chassis products. With our 2011 acquisition of ThyssenKrupp Metal Forming, we considerably strengthened our position in Chassis products.
Moreover, the acquisition in 2010 of the Edscha components business unit, a leading manufacturer of mechanisms, has allowed us to further increase the range of products we can supply to automakers.
This product portfolio diversification has helped us strengthen our strategic relationships with automakers, who come to us for innovative solutions and high quality products that cover the entire value chain.
Gestamp responds to values that represent the foundation of our commitment to society.
We base our actions on four basic principles:
• The client as the center of the business:
The basis of our business lies in achieving and maintaining a client portfolio by developing and providing products that offer high value in terms of innovation, price, quality, safety and environmental impact.
We must be able to take the lead in providing the best solutions so that the business of each of our clients prospers, which requires having a thorough understanding of their needs in the short, medium and long term.
Building solid, honest and lasting relationships with our clients is what really sets us apart.
• Innovation as a means to progress:
Innovation enables us to consolidate the Group's leadership and to provide new alternatives for products and processes that bring value to clients and efficiency to our internal management. Our challenge is to be at the forefront of innovation in our sector, to be innovative and to get our clients to be aware of the differential value provided by Gestamp.
• Sustainability to ensure permanence in time :
We plan to grow and to be around for a long time. Financial strength, profitability, cautious risk management and respect for the different environments in which we operate are the best guarantees of our future. Winning the trust of our shareholders and business partners, complying with the laws of the countries where we operate, expressing our support for fundamental human rights and making health, safety and environment important issues.
• People as architects of success:
Talent, motivation and the ability to work as part of a team of people are essential assets for Gestamp's success. Promoting the personal and professional development of employees, which then brings about the fulfilment of other business objectives.
Since Gestamp’s foundation in 1997, we have been aware that people are the main asset for developing and growing our business. The success we have achieved over time could not have been achieved without all the employees who are currently part of our company.
The rapid growth we have experienced in recent years has led to the increase of our human resources which, in 2013, reached about 30,000 people around the world. As a result of the internationalization of the group, more than 80% of our employees work outside Spain.
In Gestamp, we believe that professional development is one of the keys to international success. Our professionals can be defined as:
• A very young team. 72% of our workers are under 45. That goes for our middle and senior managers, too.
• Tending towards stability. Over 90% of the group's labor contracts are indefinite, and staff turnover rates are very low.
• High level of qualification. As a result of the diversity of our products and the constant improvement in the technological contribution to our customers, 15% of our workforce are graduates, and 57% are at least skilled technicians.
Location/Region: Chattanooga, TN (37421)