Assist Director of Quality to ensure goals are being met on a day to day basis. Provides guidance, training, support, and direction to direct reports to ensure desired results are achieved. Must be a results driven leader with a passion for implementing and sustaining improvements, the ability to think strategically, solve problems, lead members, and drive quality in their facilities. Must be able to clearly communicate with internal and external customers and management. Must exhibit those attributes that would allow for advancement to the next level.
· Supervise the day to day activities of the appraisal function including working safely, reviewing QC documentation from previous 24 hours, dispositioning nonconformance reports, performing scrap analysis, troubleshooting quality related issues as they arise on the production floor
· Generate monthly reports on quality related KPI’s
· Conduct HazMat and Work Instruction training as required
· Responsible for your own success: able to plan work, identify obstacles and training needs.
· Conduct product or material testing using various types of equipment.
· Perform data entry and reporting of test results including graphing and statistical analysis.
· Working knowledge and experience in implementing ISO 9001:2015 Quality Standard
· Working knowledge and experience in implementing food safety quality programs such as GFSI and/or AIB
· Working knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheets
· Adept at writing procedures
· Proficient in verbal and written communications.
· Minimum 2-year degree
· Minimum three years’ experience in a senior quality role, preferably in a manufacturing environment
· Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing concepts would be an asset
· Job requires some lifting, extended standing and walking will be required
· All work is performed in a manufacturing environment which may be hot/cold and requires the use of PPE at all times (eye glasses, etc. where required)
Competitive base salary, health benefits, profit sharing, 401K, life insurance, vacation, and discretionary time off (dto)
We produce plastic pails and lids using injection process. We offer print on different size pails with UV inks from one to eight colors.